Dubai and Sharjah School Improvement Project
Work in the UAE and make a difference
With 5 US curriculum schools across Sharjah and Dubai and more on the way, our client specialises in taking over struggling UAE schools and making them into something truly special. They have a proven track record and excellent leaders to make it happen.
Would you like to be part of the change?
- Students are Emirati and Arab expatriates with almost 100% English language learners
- US Common Core curriculum, localised for the UAE
- Most schools are gender segregated after grade 5 with Boys and Girls sections, in keeping with local norms.
- Schools in Sharjah and Dubai
- Some middle and upper leadership positions are available for those with proven leadership experience in a relevant school setting.
Elementary Homeroom | Elementary PE | EAL/TESOL | Special Needs | Middle/High School Specialist Subjects including English, Social Studies, Math, Science, Computer Science, Music and more | Middle Leaders and Senior Leadership | Counsellors
Pay and benefits
- Salaries for teachers range from 8000 AED/month for newly qualified teachers to 13,500 AED/month, tax free. Middle and Upper leaders - pay comensurate with position
- Housing allowance, end of service gratuity, flights and medical insurance provided in addition to salary
- Full orientation and pre- and post- arrival support
- Tuition discounts available for some posts, however these schools are not appropriate for the majority of western expatriate children. Flights and medical are not provided for dependent children or spouses.
NOTE: Candidates must be happy to be a part of a change team and have good ‘cultural intelligence’. The school wants staff who enjoy ‘rolling up their sleeves’ and working to make schools a happy and productive place to learn.
- Per UAE Ministry of Education requirements, you must have a degree and teacher training relevant to the subject and level taught.
- Such as a degree + PGCE, Bachelors of Education, Masters of Education, etc
- You must be licensed to teach children in your home country
- Under 57 years of age
- Clean criminal record check and ability to pass UAE security clearance
- Fluent English speakers with teacher training/experience from the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
- Personality: We are looking for resilient, energetic teachers who don’t feel they know everything there is to know, but who are confident professionally and good with building relationships. We want teachers who are flexible and understand cultural awareness and cultural sensitivity.
Preference will be given to teachers who are willing to consider positions in all campuses- Sharjah as well as Dubai. Sharjah is the Emirate immediately adjacent to Dubai. It has a lower cost of living and the schools are less than an hour from Dubai making it a great opportunity to save while still enjoying everything the region has to offer.
See the Edvectus video visit to Sharjah HERE
How to apply
Contact your Edvectus consultant or fill out the application form below with your CV and photo. A consultant will contact you to discuss the next steps.