Nursery Practitioner Job available – Private Nursery, central London.
A Nursery Practitioner is required for a Private bilingual day nursery.
This bilingual day nursery catering for the Rising 2's to 3 years-old is in need of a level 3 qualified, nursery practitioner.
The nursery opened in September 2016, within the existing and well- established primary school, so this is an excellent opportunity to be part of building something new alongside the newly appointed Nursery manager. The nursery is small, homely and caring and aims to be a stimulating environment ensuring that learning is fun and where spontaneity and creativity are nurtured to provide the very best start for the child.
Being a bilingual nursery means that they offer the Early Years Foundation Programme in both English and French. Young children are introduced to both languages via play, activities, music and books. They offer much to stimulate and develop children’s basic skills of movement, communication, imagination and role play. Children also learn to work as part of a small group, involving counting and colours, story time and acquiring gross and fine motor skills, with lots of Art and Craft to express themselves and have fun. Children will have the opportunity to take part in dance, music, physical play, both indoors and outdoors.
• Ideally a Cache Level 3 qualification in Childcare, a current paediatric first aid certificate is desirable
• appropriate safeguarding knowledge and training
• to be able to provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children in the nursery
• have a sound knowledge and experience of using the EYFS to underpin what the children in your care are learning, how their development is progressing and to plan what would benefit them as next steps
• have experience of planning learning activities for children from rising 2’s to 3/4 years
• be able to work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop
• have a willingness to learn and develop their practice
• DBS history
• enthusiastic, caring and friendly
• drawn vocationally to childcare
• outgoing and confident nursery professional
• have a strong work ethic and positive attitude
• have a flexible approach and commitment
• fluency in French or English.
Salary up to £22,000
How to apply: Please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org - for the attention of Lisa Bavidge
Or call Lisa on 07885405192