SECONDARY SCHOOL MATH TEACHERS NEEDED FOR THRIVING SCHOOL IN KUWAIT - AUGUST 2020.
These positions are for the High School Learning Support Unit
This is a school that represents a great opportunity for young teachers to gain exposure to all disciplines in an enriching, energized and very well managed learning environment. Any enthusiastic teacher will find this school a very hospitable place of work with many like-minded teachers who all help it to thrive and evolve. Don't miss this opportunity to make a difference.
This bilingual school located in an affluent area close to the Kuwait towers caters for about 2240 students from 3- 18 years of age. Most of the student population (about 90%) are local Kuwaitis with the remaining 10% coming from other Arab expatriate families. The school offer an American bilingual curriculum although promotes traditional Kuwaiti traditions and heritage. The KG and elementary classes are based in a traditional homeroom setting. From Grade 6 to Grade 12 the school is segregated. Elementary teachers have a teaching schedule of 22 out of 40 periods a week, and secondary 26 out of 40 a week. Class sizes are reasonable and classroom support is available in younger grades.
As well as demonstrating a cultural tolerance, teachers need to accept that the school operates a curriculum that is standardized across the year groups which leaves little margin for independence and creativity. The culture is exam and success orientated. The school offers a tax-free salary starting from KD760, single occupancy accommodation, annual flights, local medical insurance, paid utility bills and a one year renewable contract.
For more information about the school and location please speak with your Edvectus consultant today!