A Middle School Science teacher is needed in Dubai for August 2019.
Applicants must have US qualification for General Science teaching and certification in Middle School teaching with recent experience in the US or at an accredited, quality US international school
This recently opened Dubai school is looking for American teachers for the next academic year. Dubai is a fabulous place to begin or continue your international teaching career!
The school offers an American education experience eventually leading to a High School Diploma for international and Emirati students. The school curriculum is designed to align to the New York State Learning Standards which includes the New York State P-12 Common Core Learning Standards. The school caters for over 500 students from KG to Grade 5 currently.
**Qualifications and experience requirements for teachers **
Note: An accredited US school refers to a US curriculum school located within the USA or a highly recognized US international school of quality.
Mandatory - US experience requirements
* Candidates must currently be employed in a US accredited school offering the Common Core State Standards
* Teachers will be US citizens and mother-tongue English speakers.
* Candidates must hold valid US teacher certification
Post-qualification experience requirements
* Minimum 2 years of post-qualification/post-certification, relevant US teaching experience in a Common Core State Standards school (preferably in New York State).
* This experience must be able to be clearly documented in the form of 'letters of experience' on school/district letterhead that are signed and stamped by the school or district and must usually clearly indicate the subjects/levels taught and start/end dates. These letters must, when combined, show 2+ years teaching the subject/level for which candidate is being hired.
Elementary School subject and support teachers must have a degree that is the same as their teaching subject or support area, eg Science. This means that a Middle School Science teacher with a Business degree (or any degree in a subject other than Science or Science education) may not be accepted. Transcripts will be required if the subject of your degree is not clearly stated to be Science.
Only single or married teaching couples can apply. No dependent children possible.
USA Teacher – travelling with “single status”
• Net salary: Up to 10,400 to 13,000 AED per month depending upon relevant experience .
• No income tax or deductions from monthly net salary.
• HRA paid quarterly (totalling 53,075 AED per annum).
• One time settling and moving allowance (2,000 AED).
• Joining flights from home of record [Economy class] for self upon commencement of contract.
• Departure flights to home of record [Economy class] upon completion of contract for self.
• Annual flights from to home of record [Economy class] for self, taken once during annual leave.
• Medical insurance for use within UAE for teacher only.
• Visa processing costs (excluding document certification).
• 2 year employment contract with renewal option.
• Final End of Service Settlement calculated in accordance with UAE Labour Law.